Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Reflections for Lent '09


Today is Holy Wednesday...time to reflect.

When I was young, I was one of those guys who end up in a totally different place to spend my Lenten season. I was never with my family.

Today, since I'm almost out of work I stay with my family and I'm loving every minute of it. But this experience is highlighted this season.

Since I started staying at home, Nanay (who has retired from her teaching job more than 2 years) has started caring for me. Hehehe. Quite mushy but true. I'm now the official taster of food at home especially during lunch time. Tatay has become the foreman, architect and engineer of my house that's about to be finished. My brother and sister have also been there to support my whims.

In gist, I have become the youngest kid in the house in terms of behavior (my sister is the youngest). All I do is eat, sleep, listen to radio and face my laptop for hours (Sorry TV, you're not that alluring).

This lenten season has made me think: of all the brouhahas I've been doing since I was very young didn't really matter. I made my family proud and frustrated about my a couple of times but we've been there...everyone's been there. But whatever you do with your family, it's always important to go back to your roots. It will make you stronger, think faster and a lot more confident because you are in a safe place.

This is my personal message I got from God. This lenten season, He is now reminding us that He is doing everythig so that we could be stronger and more confident. It doesn't really matter who we are as long as we do our best. Confidence is the key to everything and you have God as your #1 cheerleader.

No comments: