Thursday, February 04, 2010

No Show on the Last day of Session


According to the twitter post of ANC, the following senators were absent on the last day of the senate session:

Angara,
Arroyo,
2 Cayetanos,
Lacson,
Lapid,
Legarda,
Pimentel,
Revilla,
Santiago,
Villar

The following are obviously there:

Biazon,
Honasan,
Gordon,
Roxas,
Enrile,
Aquino,
Madrigal,
Estrada,
Zubiri,
Pangilinan,
Escudero

There was one guy missing. Trillanes is still in prison.

This just shows that our lawmakers can simply skip on anything for any reason. Senator Lacson was out because someone or something is after him. Senator Villar doesn't want to face these guys because they will just grill him with insertions (Pimentel joke again). Others simply didn't show up.

I always remember my last regular day at school. You're cramming on the final exams but you're anticipating two months of fun in the sun and dust. I don't care if I fail or pass the exam - I'll just face the music in June. For now, I'll finish this as soon as possible and brag to my friends that I was the first one to get out of the shackles of my teachers.

The senators are taking their vacation up a notch. They woke up and said to themselves "Screw the last day of work - I'm going on vacation right now". And they texted other Senator friends to avoid being singled out.

This reminds me of the latest bill introduced by Congressman Zubiri. Here's the link:

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/239095/zubiri-files-bill-seeking-no-work-no-pay-congressmen

I wish this would be passed. But I think this will not happen soon or ever. Asking the lawmakers that they will be paid if they work is like asking the students if its ok to be failed if they don't show up at school. Of course, they will not be ok with it because they are doing themselves some disservice but placing themselves at disservice means we are paying them to stay at home and watch noon time television.

For that, I want to be a senator or congressman too...until they approve Zubiri's bill.

No comments: