Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Lot of Politics During Halloween

Politics will always be part of the way of life of the Philippines. With the 2010 Elections coming, it's hard to ignore the political side of everything the politician does from November 1 and November 2.

Here are some tidbits:

Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III - believed by many as the next president, his visit to the tomb of his mom and dad is nearly star studded. People did not only came to the cemetery to visit the two Aquino heroes but also a presidential candidate.

The Syjucos - this story is a bit local so forgive me readers. I heard in the radio that the couple are distributing candles with their name on it. It's a creepy way to remind voters on how their tax money is spent. There are also those who claimed that their current arch-rival in their district (Mayor Gorriceta) is also doing the same thing.

Of course, I've seen a lot of politicians in the cemetery. I was in Villa, Molo, Mandurriao and Forest Lake. So I've seen pretty much everything. I'll have a seperate blog on that. Stay tuned :)

No comments: